Hours: 15 hours per week – fixed term till 30.09.2022 (possibility of extension subject to funding)
Responsible to: Partnerships & Inclusion Manager (and other delegated staff)
Pay: £20,751- £25,295 (FTE based on 37 hours per week)
pro rata depending on experience
Location: Stratford Office and or working from home
Since 2013 ROAH Stratford has supported our local community to access relevant help and support in Stratford. CASW is looking to recruit a home visiting caseworker based in the Stratford district. This role re-connects some of the most vulnerable people living in social isolation in Stratford with services which can support them. In addition to this caseworkers deal with a complexity of issues to resolve the underlying issues causing people problems in their lives. Since April 2021 this role has supported people from designated ward areas which have had a rise in universal credit benefit claims. Caseworkers work closely with local organisations to ensure people in need receive a holistic and supportive service from start to finish.
Working alongside a highly experienced caseworker on this project, you will be allocated referrals and act in a timely manner to respond, as the clients referred into this project often require urgent support.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to have
- Minimum 12 months advice experience with Citizens Advice or a similar organisation.
- Experience in dealing with people living with severe mental health issues
- Demonstrate sensitivity, emotional resilience and a non-judgemental attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and patience
- Skills in advocacy, advice and support – depending on the needs of the client.
- Awareness of your own personal safety at all times and of those you are in close contact with
- Ability to work as part of a multi disciplinary team internally and with external organisations.
- Willingness to undertake further development or training as required by this project.
- Ability to work independently, with or without close supervision of the specialist caseworker.
- Use of own transport and visiting clients in their own homes.
Above all else, you should have compassion and drive to help change people’s lives for the better and provide excellent quality advice for the people of Warwick. Our staff/volunteers are currently working from home providing telephone, email advice and support. Home visiting has been resumed for extremely vulnerable clients subject to safety checks.
The closing date for applications is: Monday 4th October 2021 @5pm Interviews will be held via video conference w/c: Monday 11th October 2021
Click the links to find the:
ref J3 ROAH Stratford Caseworker Job Pack (contains Job and Personal Specification)
Please send any questions about the role to email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.